Developer: Criterion Games
From the publisher
Battle racing hits a new level as the critically acclaimed Burnout franchise slams onto Xbox 360 with Burnout Revenge. Orchestrate the most realistic crashes ever seen in a video game, reach mind-blowing speeds, and head online for a supercharged Xbox Live experience.
- Live Revenge: It's not just about winning, it's about vengeance. A persistent Live Revenge mode tracks your relationships with online racers and rank leaders, calling them out in each race ? know your rivals and punish them!
- Bragging rights: Give back to the online community ? save your greatest moments and upload them onto Xbox Live for the world to see.
- Usable traffic: Think hockey on the highway. Now every vehicle on the road is in play and a potential target?or weapon. Ram traffic into your rivals, slam cars into vicious combo-based pile-ups, and lay waste to everything in sight. Don't fear traffic?fight it.
- Car deformation: Experience the next generation of destruction made possible by the power of Xbox 360. Literally rip cars to shreds in the most explosive crashes in the series' history.
- Traffic Attack mode: An all-new traffic attack mode pits gamers against the clock in a mad dash for destruction. It's not about dodging traffic, it's about leveling it by any means necessary.
- Redefined crashing: Show Hollywood how it's done with all-new open-ended crash junctions, now including 10 new junctions exclusive to Xbox 360. With multiple start points; complex, vertically-oriented tracks; and hundreds of cars begging to be decimated, Burnout Revenge is the king of crash.
- Battle-ready circuits: Designed for maximum carnage, Burnout Revenge's tracks are loaded with massive jumps, multiple paths, and nasty chokepoints to deliver the ultimate brutal car combat. Vertical takedowns and in-race crashbreakers open up new avenues for destruction. Watch out for shortcuts, highlighted by flashing blue lights?they're everywhere.
- Car classes: All-new cars in three classes (race, muscle, and crash) accentuate different play styles. Choose your weapon!
- Untouchable speed: Burnout Revenge delivers unrivaled, irresponsible speed that can only possibly be topped by the real thing.
Official Web site
Date reviewed: April 16, 2006
Extract: Burnout Revenge is a near-perfect driving game and the best driving title on the Xbox 360 by far. Though it's somewhat hampered by slow load times, this game offers absolutely enjoyable race experiences, huge replay value, excellent multiplayer options, and a huge variety of environments, cars, and awards that will make you keep coming back for more. My son and I have wasted hours replaying and replaying the same crash events, for example, simply to achieve more damage points and, hopefully, unlock new rewards, medals, cars, and events. And the racing events are pure adrenalin, fast and fun. I was hugely disappointed in the first three Xbox 360 racing titles, but Burnout Revenge more than makes up for their transgressions. Highly recommended. Read more
Check out screenshots of Burnout Revenge in my Burnout Revenge screenshot gallery.
There are no Burnout Revenge movies available.
Check out my Xbox 360 Activity Center for a cool front-end to all of the Xbox-related content I've created!