Stephen Chapman has unearthed a surprising amount of information about the next version of Microsoft Office, codenamed Office 15. And no, this isn't Office 2010 ("Office 14"), which hasn't even shipped to consumers yet. This is the next version of Office, due in 2013. The key findings:
- Office 15 is without a doubt the codename for the next version of Office.
- 2013 appears to be the magic year Microsoft aims to release the next version of Office.
- Office Mobile 15 is at the very least a consideration alongside the planning of Office 15.
- Currently known to be planned for Office 15 inclusion are Outlook 15, Word 15, Access 15, SharePoint 15, and Excel 15.
- Office 15 will sport a new user interface. How drastic of a change it will be is yet to be determine.
- Excel 15 may include a “major new feature” completely new to the Office suite, courtesy of Office 15.
- Improving document coauthoring, a new tool in Office 2010, appears to be a primary focal point for Word 15.
- Target personas are being researched and defined for Office 15 focus.
- Office 15 should see an improved Automation Framework.
Check out the post for the full scoop.