But what the heck, it makes for a cute article.
Not to ruin the surprise, but they are:
1. Mac OS X
3. Solaris/Open Solaris
5. Midori (Which isn't even an OS)
6. iPhone OS/Symbian/Android
7. The Revenge of Netscape (Web)
So, what's the real take-away here? That ...
1) None of these client OSes will ever replace Windows. (or)
2) How the heck did he even find seven non-Windows client OSes? :) Oh, wait. He didn't. Only the first two are viable desktop OSes, maybe the first three. Maybe.
But numbers 6 and 7 actually do point towards an interesting and believable future: Certainly, PCs will be outpaced by mobile and Web devices. Arguably, they already are.
Pure fluff piece.
Thanks Joe R.