Well, it looks like the Kindle Fire is no flash in the pan, and yes, I promise I'll stop abusing fire-related idioms momentarily. But man, the Kindle Fire is ... on fire.
today that its new line of Kindle devices--which includes the Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, and base Kindle--are its best-selling line of Kindles ever and, more important, the best-selling products on the online retailer's best-seller charts. These devices occupy the number one, two, and three spot on those charts, Amazon said, and did so throughout the entire month of December.
And Amazon sold "well over" 1 million Kindle devices each and every week through the end of December. Based on the company's previous statements
, that means it has now sold over 1 million Kindles for five straight weeks.
Kindle-related announcements from Amazon include:
- Throughout December, customers purchased well over 1 million Kindle devices per week.
- The new Kindle family held the top three spots on the Amazon.com best seller charts – #1: Kindle Fire, #2: Kindle Touch, #3: Kindle.
- Kindle Fire is the #1 best-selling, most gifted, and most wished for product across the millions of items available on Amazon.com since its introduction 13 weeks ago.
- Kindle is also the best-selling product on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es and Amazon.it this holiday season.
- Gifting of Kindle books was up 175 percent between this Black Friday and Christmas Day compared to the same period in 2010.
- Christmas Day was the biggest day ever for Kindle book downloads.
- Kindle Fire is the best-selling product on Amazon.com's mobile website and across all of Amazon.com's mobile applications.