Everyone who signed up for the Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 (PP1) beta should have received the following email today...
Dear Paul Thurrott,
We're getting ready for Power Pack 1 Public Beta, are you? We request your participation in a quick three-question survey to help us understand how many people will participate in the beta. The survey can be found at the link below or by browsing the Windows Home Server connect site Survey section.
Thank you to over 2000 people who have already downloaded the Windows Home Server Evaluation Edition in advance of the public beta. There is still time to download it and complete installation, so act now!
Also, please download and review the Power Pack 1 Release Documentation available on the Windows Home Server connect site or at the link below. It will help you to get prepared for the upcoming beta and learn more about what is included in Power Pack 1.
The Windows Home Server team
According to the second link, we can look forward to the following new features:
- x64 support for the Client Connector.
- A new feature, Windows Home Server Data Backup, that enables the user to backup and restore user-specified shared folders to external hard drives.
- Remote access enhancements
- Home computer backup enhancements
- Correct identification of Vista SP1 machines (now seen as “Longhorn Server”)