I was just comparing the cross-platform prowess of both Evernote and OneNote, which of course in the latter case includes an iPhone (and iPod touch) client. But today, Microsoft updated the OneNote Mobile for iPhone client to version 1.1. Here’s what’s new:
Since the OneNote Mobile app for the iPhone made its debut in the United States in January, it has been highly ranked in both the free app and productivity categories in the iTunes App Store.
The tremendous interest in the mobile app, combined with the passion that OneNote fans have for their favorite product, have generated a lot of great suggestions and requests. We’ve tackled some of this customer feedback in the latest update to OneNote Mobile for iPhone, version 1.1, which is available today.
Whether you are downloading OneNote for iPhone for the first time or you're updating your current app, here are some of the new features and improvements in version 1.1:
- The ability to email your notes right from your iPhone
- An easier way to delete notes that you no longer want
- More intuitive icons and a Home button that makes it simpler to select or move between multiple notebooks
- A simplified sign-in screen and more help with getting a Windows Live ID account
- Faster notebook syncing and better overall app performance
- A more comprehensive OneNote Mobile for iPhone Help page in an easy-to-scan FAQ format
With regard to that last item, the new OneNote Mobile for iPhone Help page now includes answers to your most frequently asked questions — for example, how to sync your mobile notes with the OneNote notebooks on your computer. To get to the Help page directly from inside the new app, go to Settings, tap Help and Support, and then tap the first link on the screen.
Just a reminder: The OneNote team reads all comments and reviews in the App Store and also actively monitors the OneNote forum on the Microsoft Answers website, which is the official Support forum for all versions of OneNote, including OneNote Mobile. Your ongoing feedback helps us to create a better app, so please download this latest version and let us know what you think!
-- Mona Azarians