This week, ".1 Book" gets a real name and we work to assemble the rough cut of the 1.0 version of the book into something that will eventually be suitable for publication.
I'll probably spend the rest of this week fine-tuning and editing and then Rafael and I will examine the feedback we've not yet addressed and see about getting the book on Amazon Kindle and other major e-book platforms.
This week's updates (with the newest posts at the top) include:
Here's another quickie update, with a copy-edited version of the INSTALL chapter. So we're about 68 pages into it. Nothing major to report, though I did notice I used mouse verbs ("click") for the Modern Setup bits. I think that's OK, though I use touch verbs ("tap") elsewhere in the book. I suspect that most people coming to Windows 8.1 are doing so from previous Windows versions and will be clicking, not tapping.
Over the next week or so, hopefully, I'm going to bang out a bunch of updates to the main book document only that incorporate various typo and grammar fixes, edits, content additions and the like. This is the first one.
Rafael and I have spent a bunch of time discussing the final name we want to use for "Windows 8.1 Book." This kind of thing is a bit more complex than it may seem at first, but I think we've found something that might work.